Wednesday, July 13, 2011

All the kids I am not adopting

Over the next couple weeks, since I can't say much about the girl I hope is my daughter, I want to introduce some little boys and girls (mostly boys, actually) that I'm not adopting.

I don't know why, but it seems to be the boys who tug on my heart more.

I can't adopt all the kids who need a home. I can't even adopt all the kids who seem special to me, and I can't adopt all the kids who really need a family badly. But maybe I can help them find their own mommies and daddies. Three kids I've posted links to (Anthony, Eddie, and Elaina) have found families, though not due to my posts.

Today I want to introduce you to Josiah.



Josiah is 7 years old. He has been transferred to a mental institution because he has Down Syndrome. Seven seems old for someone considering adoption, but Josiah has so much of his life ahead of him--if he is adopted. If he is not adopted, he will be in the institution for all his life, barring major changes in the way his country of origin views people with special needs. And Josiah isn't doing well in the institution: losing weight. Regressing. If he had a mommy and daddy in the US, he could be learning in school, learning about being in a family, and preparing for a life filled with possibility. But first someone will have to step out in faith and say "That little boy is my son."

Many of the kids featured on Reece's Rainbow are in poor situations, but it sounds like Josiah really needs a family fast. I am praying his Mommy and Daddy come for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment