Saturday, October 8, 2011

Older kids need families too



Jack is 11.
He still needs and wants a family. The fact that he wants a family could make a huge difference in how he adjusts to a new family. It's not "easy" to adopt an 11-year-old, but lots of these kids grow up dreaming of families... families that will never come.

Here's what Jack asked one visitor to his orphanage:
"Do you know anyone who would like to take a boy like me. I would really like for a visitor at least, because I am all alone and I have no one."


All his life he has watched mommies and daddies come... for younger children. Crying, he asked one adoptive family:
"What do I need to do for a Mom to come? Do you know where she is? Is she looking for me?"


Are you looking to adopt an older child? This boy needs you. HIV is a very manageable need (comment if you want to know more). He IS NOT likely to die young or pass the infection to other family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment